“A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.”
– Unknown Author
A vacation travel album is a fantastic way to organize and remember the fun times you had touring Europe with friends, taking a cruise, family camping, and road trip adventures. Each album tells a lively story so you can relive those experiences now or even decades later!
There is something extra special about a classic printed travel album you can hold in your hands, flipping through the pages, that makes you feel like you’re experiencing the emotions and activities with family and friends all over again.
Whether you’re in the pre-planning stage of your trip or you just got home yesterday, we have great advice on what to include and different ways to organize your travel album to remember the best moments of your trip.
What to Include in a Travel Album?
Picture This Organized can include everything, from simple photos with small labels to decorative pages with descriptive stories between the images; the choice is yours.
Some ideas to consider for your travel album:
- Different types of photos
- Photo Captions
- Journal sections
- Paper memorabilia
Different Types of Photos
There are all kinds of photos that you can take on vacation. If you’re going with your family or a group of friends, take a group photo at your favorite locations. Take silly photos of activities and conversations with your kids, a romantic photo on a beach with your partner, and a handful of selfies with reactions to events and scenery. If you take a trip to explore a completely different culture, you may take photos of events or festivals. Here are a few ideas:
- Photograph live shows like belly dancing in India or musicians playing bamboo instruments in Vietnam.
- Be sure to highlight the delicious foods. Take photos at gourmet restaurants or local dives that really left an impression. Maybe you were served a delicacy on a gigantic banana leaf.
- Capture the awe of iconic monuments like the Eiffel Tower in Paris or the Vatican and Coliseum in Rome.
- Remember how you got around. Photos of the tram, bus, scooter, boat, canoe, whatever mode of transportation you took to get to different places are definitely part of the adventure. Often there are amazing sights along the way.
- Document the cities, towns, and local shops. If you walk into a quaint store and buy a souvenir, maybe you want a photo of the shop where you purchased it from so you can visit again.
- Don’t forget the wildlife. Animal lovers may want photos of every interesting critter. From bird watching in the forest or a trip to a local zoo to a view of ocean life from the window of a mini-submarine, there are many interesting animals for your travel album.
Label your photos to help you remember what it is you’re looking at or where and when you took them.
- What is this photo of? A unique monument or a special place?
- Where did you take the picture? On an island, from your cruise ship?
- When did you take the photo? What day of your trip?
- Who was with you? Your best friends or family members?
Some vacationers enjoy journaling during their vacation. These are terrific ways to recall what you did on a trip. Write about your eagerness to visit a festival or what happened on your rainforest hike.
To remember long plane trips to your vacation spot, you might place the travel ticket inside your album. You can also preserve train, ferry, and theme park tickets. Did you plan your trip around a brochure? Add it to your album. You can also add colorful postcards, receipts, and even small souvenirs to your album.
Ways to Organize a Travel Album
When putting your travel album together, we recommend putting your photos together in chronological order, just the way you experienced it. From the start of your trip to the end, it tells the story of how it all happened.
If you haven’t taken your trip yet, it may be a good idea to create an itinerary of what you plan on doing. It makes it easier to put your travel album together later.
If you’ve already taken your trip, the order images were captured on your camera or phone can remind you which came first or last.
Why We Love Travel Albums
Over time, our memories of special vacations fade. Putting together a personal travel album preserves the emotions, feelings, and experiences that you treasure the most.
If you’ve gone on vacation and you’re unsure of how to put a new travel album together or you don’t have the time, contact us at Picture This Organized for help. You can also check out the sample travel album in our gallery to see what they look like. We can answer any questions you have and help you organize those special memories in no time!