Traditional decorative photo frames have always been great for displaying photos around the house or personal workspace. You may have many of them that you keep current as family members grow or new events and milestones happen.
Digital Frames let you display and share many treasured photos at once in the form of a slideshow, and you won’t need to disassemble a frame to change your images. It is even possible to update photos in someone else’s frame if you share an online Cloud account.
Frame sizes are usually anywhere from 8″ to 15″ displays with a variety of photo storage options. Some let you use a USB drive, while others use internal storage or the Cloud via WiFi. What’s the difference?
- USB drive
These are great if you don’t want to connect your frame to the internet, and updates are done by adding images to the USB drive. However, you may find it difficult to share photos to the frame.
- Internal storage and Cloud via Wifi
If you want to share photos to single and multiple frames, this is the best way to do it. You can send them from various apps, sources, and people.
- Providers of frames
There are many digital frame brands with different storage and sharing options. You can find reviews and recommendations for products online at websites like digitalcameraworld.com, but our favorite is Nixplay.
How to Set Up A Nixplay Frame
Each frame can be positioned in either portrait or landscape mode, and some models can be mounted on your wall. Getting started is easy. To turn on your frame, plug it in, and use the remote control to follow the instructions for:
- Creating your account using either IOS or Android using your email and a unique password.
- Logging into the Nixplay App on your phone or tablet or going to the website at nixplay.com from your computer. Then pairing your frame by connecting to a WiFi network using your remote and a 16 digit serial number displayed on the frame screen.
Using the Nixplay App
First-time users: Uploading directly from your phone
- Select Photos and choose + New Playlist.
- Select the location of your pictures from the following options:
- Choose images from your phone’s Photo Library and even add captions. Tap the Send icon to transfer photos to your paired frames. They will be automatically grouped into a playlist for you to name and assign to a frame. You will be asked to confirm your selections.
- Use your Nixplay Cloud Album by selecting the Album where your photos are located, choosing from the photos, and tapping send. Again, confirm your selections.
If you are a Google Photos user, you can upload directly from there by signing into your Google Photos Account to find photos or albums to sync to your playlist. Select Photos again to see your new playlist in the Playlists tab. Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select Assign to Frame. Tap the X in the upper left corner to finish.
Using The Nixplay Website
First-time users: Uploading from your computer:
You can select photos to upload from your computer, storage accounts such as Dropbox or Verizon Cloud, or social media accounts, like Facebook, Google Photos, Flickr, Instagram, and create a Playlist in your Nixplay cloud.
1. Create an Album.
2. Upload photos to the Album.
3. Create a Playlist with the same name as the Album.
4. Drag the photos from the Album to the Playlist and select Save.
Adding images to your existing playlists:
- Upload your new images to Albums in the Nixplay Cloud from your computer. Select the Album and drag the images to your existing Playlist.
- Select Publish, and the frame will start to display them.
- You can also upload a Dynamic Playlist synced directly from Dropbox which automatically updates every time you add a new photo to your account and stores up to 1000 images.
- Log into your Dropbox account to select the folder of images.
- Choose the photos you want to display, set the maximum number you would like to automatically sync to your playlist, and tap Finish.
How to share your playlists:
Share your playlist with up to 10 people so they can see them on their frame and they can do the same with you. You will always be updating on what’s going on with friends and family.
- Log into the Nixplay App or website, choose Photos, and pick a playlist.
- Select the Share option in that playlist and follow the instructions.
If you’re having any trouble, get online support for additional guidance for the following:
- Connecting your frame to WiFi
- Troubleshooting issues with your remote control
- Pairing and unpairing different accounts
- Wall-mounting guide
- Additional sizes and designs for Nixplay WiFi Seed Frames
If you’re not sure you want to tackle this yourself, reach out to Picture This Organized and we will set up your new digital frames or update existing ones. We can help to create your accounts and transfer and organize your images for you and your family to display and share.
2 thoughts on “Using Digital Photo Frames to Share Your Photos”